ARUN DEAN — This novel discusses a Mayan sacred manuscript that was written around 600 B.C., and the search for it in the Peruvian rain forest.
Author James Redfield says: “For half a century now, a new consciousness that has been entering the human world, can only be called transcendent, spiritual. If you find yourself reading this book, then perhaps you already sense what is happening, already feel it inside. It begins with a heightened perception of the way our lives move forward. We notice those chance events that occur at just the right moment, and bring forth just the right individuals, to suddenly send our lives in a new and important direction. Perhaps more than any other people in any other time, we intuit higher meaning in these mysterious happenings. We know that life is really about a spiritual unfolding that is personal and enchanting an unfolding that no science or philosophy or religion has yet fully clarified. And we know something else as well: know that once we do understand what is happening, how to engage this allusive process and maximize its occurrence in our lives, human society will take a quantum leap into a whole new way of life one that realizes the best of our tradition and creates a culture that has been the goal of history all along. The following story is offered toward this new understanding. If it touches you, if it crystallizes something that you perceive in life, then pass on what you see to another for I think our new awareness of the spiritual is expanding in exactly this way, no longer through hype nor fad, but personally, through a kind of positive psychological contagion among people. All that any of us have to do is suspend our doubts and distractions just long enough… and miraculously, this reality can be our own.
The predictions/insights contained in the novel are:
- The First Insight suggests that we would become conscious that coincidences that occur are meaningful and they change our lives.
- The Second Insight suggests we would realize that events during the entire second millennium had shifted our focus to the material world.
- The Third Insight suggests we would become aware of a higher source of energy.
- The Fourth Insight suggests the focus towards material world had disconnected us from this higher source of energy. This creates an urge in every human to control the other; the root cause of human conflict in the world.
- The Fifth Insight suggests we would start feeling the connection to the higher source of energy as we begin to feel love for everything around us.
- The Sixth Insight suggests in order to get reconnected we need to revisit our childhood to understand the purpose and questions of our life.
- The Seventh Insight suggests that we can look for answers in our intuitions and dreams as well and find a silver lining in every event.
- The Eighth Insight suggests that everyone should attempt to bring out the best in everyone by understanding that every encounter with every person has a meaning and answer to our life’s question.
- The Ninth Insight puts all insights in perspective and predicts that somewhere between second and third millennium the above insights will be practiced by many, and we would evolve into a better and better versions of ourselves.
#2 and #3 are interesting observations.
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield is available in pdf format for full read.
A movie –an adaptation of the novel about the search for a sacred manuscript in the Peruvian rain forest, was made in 2006.
The contributor is a 28-yr-old cost accounting/finance Pakistani professional who read the 150-page book and wrote a 1-pager as asked by his elders in Back2School WhatsApp Forum.